Collection development at David L. Rice Library provides for the selection and acquisition of the library’s materials. Collection development focuses on the instructional needs of faculty. The responsibility for developing the library’s collection is shared between faculty and librarians. Each college has one or more liaison librarians to work with faculty.
- Business - Dianne Grayson (812-464-1905) email@example.com
- Education - Martha Niemeier (812-464-1834) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Careers & Health Professions - Joanne Artz (812-465-1056) email@example.com
- Kinesiology & Sports - Katie Loehrlein (812-465-1638) firstname.lastname@example.org
- LA: Fine Arts - Mona Meyer (812-464-1920) email@example.com
- LA: Human Services - Kate Sherrill (812-465-1277) firstname.lastname@example.org
- LA: Language Arts - Jennifer Greene (812-464-1832) email@example.com
- LA: Social Sciences - Philip Orr (812/461-5328) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science & Engineering - Peter Whiting (812/465-1280) email@example.com
Collection Development Librarian Martha Niemeier, 812-464-1824 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Martha Niemeier coordinates and supports the work of the liaisons. Please check your department’s internal procedures for making book and journal purchase recommendations. Library liaisons will work to familiarize you with the process of submitting purchase requests.