How Do I . . .
Chat with a Librarian.
- You may also "text" a librarian by dialing 812/496-4466 during Reference Desk hours or;
- Call the Reference Desk 812-464-1907; Toll Free at 1-800-246-6173 during desk hours.
- Email your reference librarians.
- Visit the Reference Desk and consult one-on-one with a librarian during desk hours.
General FAQ's - 12 Most Commonly Asked Questions
- How Do I Cite My Sources? (MLA, APA, Chicago Format, etc).
- Have citation, need full-text? Check Journal Finder.
- What is the difference between Scholarly and Popular Periodicals?
- How do I get the full-text of a journal article?
- My professor put materials on reserve. What does that mean?
- How can I get help with my research?
- How do I make photocopies, print, and fund my Eagle Access card?
- How do I check out library materials?
- How do I request library materials that Rice Library doesn't own?
- How do I read a call number?
- How can I avoid plagiarism?
- How do I access a database from off-campus?
Group Study Rooms
Need a place to study in a small or large group?
Group study rooms, varying in size to accommodate groups of 2 to 12, are located on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors.These study rooms are on a first come, first served basis.
GROUP STUDY ROOM GUIDELINES
No food is permitted! Drinks are allowed in acceptable containers. Food is a threat to furniture, carpet, electronics, and books. Please help keep this building clean and inviting.
- Work quietly. This room shares a wall with other rooms or areas and is not sound-proof.
- These rooms will be closed and locked 1 hour before library closing each day, if they are empty.
- Markers and erasers are available for use with dry erase boards. Bring your ID to the Checkout counter to check them out.
- Rooms cannot be “held”- if they are not actively being used, someone else may occupy.
- Do not leave items unattended! Thieves are busy in this library. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
If you have questions or need assistance: Checkout desk: 812-464-1913 or Reference desk 812-464-1907.