How to Use this guide?
Welcome to the Research 101 LibGuide!
This guide has been created to provide you with a basic outline of how to do research from choosing a topic to citing your sources in the final draft.
Each tab covers a general topic or resource with subtabs that focus on a specialized area. Many of these tabs will have online tutorials or links to tutorials. These tutorials are short videos that can be played directly on the screen. Other features include worksheets, checklists, tips and hints, suggested resources, and much more...
You can work your way through the tabs or simply skip to those topics/resources that apply to you.
Remember to always ask a reference librarian if you are having difficuly doing research or need help finding resources!
Library Survival Guide
What should I bring to the library when doing research?
- Your MyUSI username and password to log onto computers
- Your Eagle Access card to checkout items/laptops, print, or copy
- Money in the form of dollar bills, credit, or debit card to put on your Eagle Access card's FlexAccount to pay for printing and copying. Printing/Copying costs $.25 for color and $.10 for black and white.
- Paper, pens, pencils, highlighters, white-out, and paper clips. Staplers, tape, and scissors are available in the library.
- Your questions for the Reference Librarians, who are here to help you !